- GRADE: Grade 10 Civics, Grade 10 History, Grade 12 Challenge and Change
- Complete website available (http://www.pbs.org/now/printable/classroom_women_print.html)
- Includes lesion ideas
- Includes Learning Objectives
- Think, Pair, Share activities
- Downloadable Assessment As/For Learning
- Text-to-text, text-to-self, text-to-world based questions and connections
- Use of multimedia
This lesson is designed for social studies, economics, sociology, citizenship, government, current events, and other related classes, grades 9-12.
By the end of this lesson, students will:
-Articulate opinions and support them with reasons, facts, and examples.
-Conduct research using a variety of resources and make comparisons based on this research.
-Create graphic organizers to present their research findings and illustrate solutions to problems.
-Discuss and debate issues based on what they have learned from research and watching a video.
-Use problem solving and group work strategies to form a strategic plan for assisting countries that face severe economic hardships.
-Present action plans for assisting developing countries.
-Draw conclusions about the interdependence of nations in a global economy.