This agency is a private non-profit charitable organization dedicated to promoting good mental health and improving the quality of life for individuals experiencing serious mental illness. Our Community Support Services provides outreach, long-term intensive support and housing to individuals with serious mental illness and substance abuse disorders who are homeless or at imminent risk of becoming homeless.
Provides overall leadership in the planning, development and operation of treatment groups for individuals identified by the organization with concurrent disorders. All activities are undertaken through a community development approach.
Essential Minimum Qualifications:
- Graduation from an Art Therapy Program recognized by the Association of Art Therapy (either a Masters program, or one deemed equivalent to a Masters program), essential.
- B.A. essential.
- Member of a "Mental Health College."
Experience and Knowledge:
- Minimum 5 years experience in the field of community mental health and in working with the homeless population
- Experience working with individuals with a co-occurring substance use disorder
- Demonstrated superior intervention skills in engaging and supporting extremely marginalized and “support resistant” individuals
- Knowledge of a Stages of Treatment approach in the treatment of substance use disorder
- Experience training and giving presentations
- Experience facilitating groups
- Experience in community development and program development
- Experience in participating on community committees, writing minutes, supporting the work of a committee
- Demonstrated ability to work with a wide variety of professionals
Bilingual (French and English) essential.
Use of a vehicle is essential in meeting the demands of the job.