In this report we tackle the critical issue of evictions prevention – a key component of any comprehensive approach to youth homelessness prevention. This report outlines five key forms of evictions prevention:
- Strengthening Laws and Legislation Protecting Tenants
- Provision of Information and Advice for Youth and Their Families
- Provision of Financial Supports for Tenants
- Access to Legal Supports, Advice, and Representation
- Targeted and Timely Crisis Intervention
This report is one of a six-part series on youth homelessness prevention, drawing from The Roadmap for the Prevention of Youth Homelessness. The Roadmap is designed to support a paradigm shift to prevention by providing a clear definition of youth homelessness prevention, offering a framework and common language for prevention policy and practice, reviewing the evidence for prevention, and highlighting practice examples from around the world. Each report in the series explores one element of youth homelessness prevention, providing a framework for targeted action and change in that area.