Our agency combats the root causes of poverty in the province and works to create positive, lasting change in the lives of those we serve. We provide provides basic services, food, clothing and housing, support services (including employment, health and wellness, and corrections chaplaincy), and housing services, including tenant support and low income housing, to those in need.
Reporting to the Director of Housing, the Housing Manager leads a team of housing supervisors and caseworkers and has the overall responsibility for all aspects of implementing the housing contracts. The Housing Manager ensures a level of excellence in service delivery particularly in the areas of case management, housing locating and intake/assessment.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leading, directing, supervising and providing spiritual support for the program’s housing supervisors and enables the housing supervisors to provide the same for staff;
- Ensuring all requirements of the program contracts are met including program accreditation, case management standards and reporting;
- Evaluating and improving systems/processes by ensuring best practices are utilized and standards of excellence in service delivery are met;
- Managing the hiring process of program staff and volunteers;
- Ensuring new staff and volunteers receive both orientation and program specific training;
- Collaborating and communicating with other program and external partners of the organization;
- Assisting the Director of housing in other projects, initiatives and duties when required;
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications and Skills:
- A passion to end homelessness;
- Degree in Human Services or related discipline;
- Minimum three years of management experience leading a team;
- Minimum two years of directly related experience working with housing homeless populations;
- Experience managing budgets and contracts;
- Demonstrated understanding of case management best practices, the Ten Year Plan to End Homelessness and housing first principles;
- Ability to handle multiple projects and responsibilities while working under pressure in a fast-paced environment;
- Professional demeanor with an ability to work with staff at all levels;
- A strong work ethic, takes initiative and an ability to manage confidential and sensitive information;
- Conflict resolution skills and ability to manage staff performance and crisis situations.
- This is a permanent full-time position located in downtown, generally Monday to Friday, but some weekend and evening work may be required.
- This is a mobile position that will require weekly travel between office locations.
- Class 5 driver’s license, clean drivers abstract and access to a reliable vehicle is required.
- Employment Security Check is required.