The association has been contracted by our local municipality to develop an innovative housing project designed to provide support to vulnerable people in our community who require additional supports to maintain stable housing.
We are looking for dedicated, caring and compassionate individuals to join our team of Life Support Workers (LSWs). LSWs will support up to 12 residents, assisting individuals with the activities of daily living while providing psycho-social support. This position will involve coaching residents to live as independently as possible and will also include light housekeeping and personal care activities.
- Education in a related field (Disability, Nursing, Mental Health, or Addictions Counselling) would be considered an asset.
- 1-2 years of related experience working with vulnerable populations is required. Experience in addictions management would be considered an asset.
- High cultural sensitivity and awareness, working knowledge of poverty and its impact on health and a genuine interest in helping people.
- Skills in behaviour management
- Good verbal and written communication skills including the ability to listen non-judgmentally and with empathy and understanding are required.
- Strong ability to remain calm in stressful situations with strong emotional maturity and good judgment.
- Positive and flexible attitude, with good problem solving skills and the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Good creative ability for developing new approaches and programs.
- Must be physically fit and able to lift up to 40lbs.
- Must be available to work shift work, weekends and holidays.