Our housing agency is home to 160 residents and currently has openings for Permanent Part-time Personal Support Workers. As a valued member of the team, the Personal Support Worker demonstrates a commitment to resident safety by providing quality care in accordance with organizations vision and mission.
- Observation of Residents
- Maintenance of Skin Integrity
- Assists with Personal Hygiene, use and care of Adaptive Devices/Prosthesis
- Assists with Elimination/Toileting and Nutrition
- Provides cognitive, social, emotional and spiritual support to residents
- Implements infection control and emergency measures
- Assists with Restorative Care
- Assists in the provision of care after death and transportation of bodies to the morgue
- Collects and Monitors Resident Information
- Comply with all health and safety regulations and reports any injury, illness, unsafe acts or conditions
- The agency is a 24/7 operation, flexibility to work a variety of shifts as required operationally.
- Other duties or Special Projects as assigned
- Working experience with the elderly in a health care setting, knowledgeable with respect to their needs
- Knowledge of procedures and techniques involved in administering simple treatment and related bedside care to resident
- Must be familiar with supplies and equipment used to carry out duties.
- Must understand the basis of good sanitation and sterile techniques to avoid infection or the spread of contagious illness.
- Must be mature and possess good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to exercise tact and diplomacy in dealing with resident, families and visitors
- Sensitive and empathetic to the needs of the residents
- Must have effective verbal and written English communication skills.
- Successful completion of a Personal Support Worker certificate from an approved college or private institution meeting the standards established by the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities, National Association of Career Colleges, or Ontario Community Support Association
- Current BCLS
- Continues to grow and develop through attendance at in services, seminars, workshops etc.