Step 1 is a time to adjust to living at ROP. The focus is on making a successful transition into the program: getting used to your new environment, getting acquainted with co-residents, planning and starting to build relationships with staff.
- Pay program fee of $300 on the first of each month, unless otherwise arranged. A prorated amount is due by the day you move in, unless other arrangements have been made.
- Make contact with staff at least twice a day.
- Attend a weekly case planning meeting with your Case Manager.
- Adhere to your case plan, including your plan for school or work.
- Take medications as prescribed.
- Sign in and out every time you enter or leave the building.
- Meet daily curfew requirements (10:00pm on work or school days/12:00am on 2 days off per week).
- No overnights or extended curfews.
- Complete Life Skills assessment.
- Attend Life Skills sessions as assigned.
- Keep apartment clean, clean after yourself in the common area, and complete common area chores daily.
- Attend Community Dinner every Wednesday and House Meeting once per month.
- Adhere to behavioural guidelines.
- Complete weekly program requirements.
- Wake you up and remind you to take your meds as needed.
- Help you to make appointments and remind you of them.
- Do chores and room cleaning with you as needed, and make sure you know what is expected and how to do it. (To pass this step, you must demonstrate that you know how to do all the basic household tasks, such as cleaning dishes, and cleaning your bathroom, so please ask for help if you need it).
Step 1 is a minimum of 4 weeks. Once you have four successful weeks (meeting all of the requirements), you will move on to Step 2.