- Division: Kindergarten, Primary, Junior, Intermediate
- Subjects: Social Studies, Language (writing and oral communication), Visual Arts
- Includes 3 part lesson ideas
- Includes connections between grades in order to continue to expand on the topic
- Includes examples of Assessments As/For Learning
- Text-to-text, text-to-self, text-to-world based questions and connections
- Use of multimedia
The Teacher Toolkit (the Toolkit) was created by the Homelessness and Housing Umbrella Group (HHUG). The HHUG is a non-partisan group consisting of concerned individuals, including individuals with lived experience, agencies and groups committed to preventing and reducing homelessness in Waterloo Region (www.hhug.ca). This resource was designed to provide you with the tools and information necessary to teach children about local and broad issues of homelessness in an age-appropriate manner. The information and materials in this guide are designed for elementary students – Grades K-8 – but elements can be adapted for older students as well.