- First study to look at Veteran homelessness nationally
- Uses Homeless Individuals and Families Information System (HIFIS) data collected at 60 emergency shelters across Canada between January 1, 2014 and December 31, 2014
- It is estimated that 2,250 Veterans use homeless shelters each year in Canada.
- About 2.7% of annual shelter users were identified as Veterans
- There is a higher rate of episodic homelessness for Veterans compared to non-Veterans
- Homeless Veterans are older, on average, than homeless non-Veterans