- Division: Junior, Intermediate
- Subject: Drama
- Includes a full unit plan (3 part lesson plans)
- Think, Pair, Share Activities
- Checkbricks for Assessments As/For Learning
- Integration of multimedia
This Unit takes students on a journey towards understanding an issue that affects Canadians on a daily basis. Through both process drama and performance, students are given the opportunity to put themselves in someone else’s shoes. How better to develop empathy than to live that experience. Drama has a powerful ability to do just that.
Last year, the Homeless Hub invited Cameron Ferguson to pilot this unit with her own students. “Street Stories” is the culmination of the 6 week journey taken by her senior drama class.
Watch the Street Stories performance here.