As with most projects of the Canadian Observatory on Homelessness/Homeless Hub the toolkit was developed through a very collaborative process.
- A brief review of literature related to youth employment and social enterprise initiatives was conducted (this toolkit is not a literature review and this research was conducted primarily for background material).
- Phone and in-person interviews (the latter were filmed) were completed with a variety of staff and participants of Choices for Youth (CFY), Train for Trades (T4T) and partner organizations.
- Transcriptions were made of each interview.
- CFY/T4T staff provided copies of their materials including policies, forms, guides etc.
- All of the materials were analyzed to determine what information needed to be included in the toolkit.
- The video interviews were edited to create approximately 10 short videos to help supplement understanding of the written content.
- Each participant in the videos had the ability to review their contribution and confirm their acceptance of the video.
- Key staff at CFY/T4T had an opportunity to review content of the written toolkit. Special thanks to Eddy St. Coeur and Rosalind Curran for their continual feedback.